The Newburgh Museum has opened its newest Christmas exhibit just in time for the holidays: "A Caroling We Will Go-A History of Christmas Carols." This Christmas exhibit will be open until Dec. 31.
The Newburgh Museum is open on Fridays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturdays from 10 to 4 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. during the holiday season. The exhibit features an interpretation of five famous Christmas Carols and includes a frosty outdoor turn-of-the century scene with carolers in period attire, as well as a late 1800's family parlor Christmas scene complete with a feather tree adorned with antique ornaments.
Also included in the Christmas exhibit is a Snowman exhibit featuring snowmen from the early 1900s to 1990s and a display of Newburgh's own Engles Pottery which operated in Newburgh in the 1940s. The permanent exhibits depict Newburgh's history from its founding in 1803 and include original artifacts which are on display. Free admission with donations accepted.
Memberships available. Call 812-853-5045 for more information or to schedule a group tour.
The Newburgh Museum is located in Preservation Hall in downtown Newburgh at 2 West Main Street.