The Castle boys junior varsity and varsity basketball teams have been quarantined.
According to a post from Castle Athletics, the basketball program was hit after players from an opposing team reported positive cases of COVID-19. The post states that the teams are being quarantined per the Warrick County School Corporation’s policy regarding close contacts and will be quarantined through Thursday, Jan. 21.
The quarantine will affect several games throughout the duration.
- The Monday, Jan. 4, JV game at South Spencer was canceled.
- The Tuesday, Jan. 5, varsity game against Boonville was canceled.
- The Friday, Jan. 8, JV and varsity games against Memorial will be rescheduled.
- The Saturday, Jan. 9, JV and varsity games at Barr-Reeve are canceled, but may be rescheduled.
- The Tuesday, Jan. 12, JV and varsity games at Harrison will be rescheduled.
- The Friday, Jan. 15, JV and varsity games against Reitz will be rescheduled.
- The varsity team will not participate in the Harrison tournament on Saturday, Jan. 16.
- The Tuesday, Jan. 19, JV and varsity games against Henderson County are canceled.
There were no positive cases of the virus reported within Castle’s program at the time of the post on Monday. The team participated in the Bedford North Lawrence Tournament on Wednesday, Dec. 30, and played another game on the road against Vincennes Lincoln on Saturday, Jan. 2.